Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Long walks and a museum visit

The weather turned cold yesterday, very brisk, but sunny.  I continued my quest to walk the streets and try to feel less like a tourist and more like a long time visitor.  I must say, however, that as hard as I try, I just don't look like the elegant Parisian woman...always turned out so simply and beautifully.  That sense of style must be in their genes.  I particularly notice the beautifully dressed shop windows, and here on the Left Bank, sooooo many wonderful men's shops.


And the department store Bon Marche is eye candy for sure.  Reminds me of Saks in NYC, but with much more beautiful architecture.


And one never knows what is around the next corner.  For me it was street musicians, flower and vegetable markets, cafes, narrow streets, and extraordinary architecture side by side....







Oh, and did I forget to mention the amazing number of chocolate shops?  The parisians love their chocolate...especially the dark chocolate.  One shop I came across was promoting cocoa from Africa with this GIANT chocolate gorilla in its window!  Now that was impressive....


Tomorrow is Michael's birthday..and we will celebrate while packing to return starting our journey back early Saturday morning.  Tomorrow I'll try and write about our celebration and museum day, if I can just get the rest of my photos downloaded.  Seems to be a glitch right now....could be the "rube goldberg" electrical support system Michael wired up to "service" all our tech equipment.  I guess this tells the story of our lives...always wired.

No comments:

Post a Comment